The Arri Alexa.
The arrival of the Arri Alexa 35mm digital motion picture camera represents a benchmark, not only in the quality and clarity of the images produced, but also in the efficiency of the acquisition workflow. Configured to write to proprietary solid state media (SXS cards) with globally acceptable Apple ProRes codecs, Alexa records material that is instantly reviewable at full resolution in a shooting environment.
Of course uncompressed native HD and ARRIRAW outputs are also available with the consequent on set data handling implications. With the Alexa, Arri has released a camera with the pedigree lineage of Oscar winning technical innovation in a package designed to produce stunning results in the contemporary marketplace.
This camera has fast become the standard camera of choice for feature use for DoPs, largely due to its very simple operating interface and reliable and robust construction.
The Beyond R3D, Arri Alexa Shooters Kit*
Need more?… Need less? Drop us a line or give us a call, we can craft a bespoke package. As a minimum our typical Shooter kit includes:
- 1 x ARRI Alexa camera body
- 1 x ARRI Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) OVF is an optional extra
- 1 x Eyepiece extension and levelling arm
- 4 x 32GB SxS Card Storage (17 mins at 4:2: 25p mode)
- 4 x PAG L95 Gold Mount (Dionic 90 batteries)
- 1 x Anton Bauer 4 way charger
- 1 x Production swing-away mattebox
- 1 x Dual Wheel Follow Focus kit
- 15mm & 19mm bars system
- 1 x Flightcase
- Cable Support.
A specialist Alexa Camera Assistant can be available if you require support.
* We reserve the right to vary the package whilst maintaining the same or better functionality.