The Epic M & X – Also the Dragon.
The much anticipated and finessed addition to the RED family is the answer to any cinematographer’s wildest dreams and exists as the most sophisticated and capable camera ever engineered and built.
Contained within a package one third the size of a RED ONE, resides a 5K Mysterium-X™ sensor and a 27 layer ASIC, the most advanced processor of its type in the world, enabling the EPIC to capture up to 120 frames per second, each frame at full 14MP resolution.
The EPIC is engineered to be a DSMC™ (Digital Still & Motion Camera), a camera that excels in both worlds … by design. Providing native dynamic range of over 13 stops and resolution that exceeds 35 mm motion picture film, this is the camera of the epoch.
Add to that RED’s newly developed HDRx™ extended dynamic range technology and EPIC boasts an amazing dynamic range of up to 17.5 stops. Purpose-built for perfect multi-camera synchronization, EPIC comes to market at a time when 3D capture requires the sophistication of a new generation of innovative technology.
NOTE: We can matched pairs of Epic Ms and Xs (tested) for 3D use and are also able to supply an Atom 3D rig.
The Beyond R3D, EPIC M Shooters Kit*
Need more?… Need less? Drop us a line or give us a call, we can craft a bespoke package. As an example our typical Shooter kit includes:
- 1 x Red Epic Brain (Please specify M, X or Dragon)
- Titanium PL Mount (other mounts available upon request)
- 5″ Touchscreen
- DSMC Side Handle
- DSMC Side SSD Module
- Bomb EVF
- 64 GB SSD x4 or 128 GB SSD x2
- 4x PAG e95 Anton Bauer Mount Batteries (including adaptor)
- 2b to 1b RED One Power Cable to allow Steadicam rig power
- FMJ Top Plate
- DSMC Quick Release System w/ 19mm rods
- RED/ET Battery Plate
- RED SSD Reader
A specialist Red Camera Assistant can be available if you require support.
* We reserve the right to vary the package whilst maintaining the same or better functionality.